Apply to Be An Undergraduate Gummy
GUM is looking for undergraduate students from various background, particularly those from underrepresented backgrounds (e.g. first generation, undocumented, queer, marginal ethnic communities, etc.) and are interested in applying graduate schools in one of the following fields: education, humanities, neuroscience, psychology, public health, public policy, sociology, social welfare, urban planning, and STEM.
Application deadline: 1/8/2021
The application for undergraduate mentees will be available in Fall 2020.
An Undergrad Gummy Will Gain
- • Demystification of the graduate school experience and career pathways in your field of interest
- • 1:1 mentoring experience throughout an academic year, and beyond
- • Advice from mentors on the development of a personal statement, CV, and resume for a graduate school application.
- • Access to workshops and resources on funding and the graduate student application process in fields dedicated to public service.
- • Opportunity to network with undergraduates and graduate students passionate about similar fields.
- • Exposure to working professionals who will share their experience in these fields
- • Must be a registered UCLA undergraduate student in good academic standing
- • Plan to apply to graduate school in the coming year in one of the following fields: education, humanities, neuroscience, psychology, public health, public policy, sociology, social welfare, urban planning, and STEM.
- • Be available for 3 hours a week in spring 2021 (2 hr workshops and 1 hr for mini-assignments).
- • Be available to attend GUM kick-off event, Unity Building Event (mid-program), 5 out of the 6 workshops on graduate school, and other supplementary events